These easy to make and scrumptious Cassava Zeppoles are the perfect twist on the traditional Italian dessert. Serve on a hot summer to remind you of those boardwalk nights!
- 3/4 cups of Cassava Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of sugar; depending on desired sweetness
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 & 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon and
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Fill a pot with 4 cups of vegetable oil on medium heat, let oil raise to about 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together (pancake mixture, salt, baking powder, and sugar)
- Mix in mashed banana and water to the dry mixture
- Scoop with ice cream scooper into the oil heat till cooked all on all sides about 2-3 minutes. Do not cook more than 4 at a time.
- Using a slotted spoon remove cooked zeppoles from oil
- Place in a paper towel-lined bowl
- Repeat until you have used all the batter
- Toss in powdered sugar & serve warm