Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers in 30 Minutes or Less!
By Emily Cline, featured Foodie and Blogger
With busy days that include constant moving around and work, dinner can seem like a real hassle at the end of the day. If you’re anything like me, you’re looking for quick meals that are affordable and take a limited amount of time to make but are still delicious! A meal that I’ve been serving for my family on repeat lately has been stuffed peppers. Simply put, stuffed peppers are the easiest way to feel like you’re eating a fancy meal that took minimal effort. They are so fun to fill with different veggies so that everyone in the family can enjoy them! If you want to opt for a non-vegetarian recipe try some ground beef in place of the cauliflower.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (2 tablespoons for drizzle, 2 tablespoons for sautéing)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ kalamata olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower
How to make the stuffed pepper of your dreams:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut your pepper(s) in half and take out the seeds. Then, coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a pan with olive oil and place it on the stovetop at medium heat. Add a variety of veggies like spinach, red onion, and halved cherry tomatoes. the amount of these ingredients depends on how many peppers you’re making! For example, I use a cup of spinach, 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup halved kalamata olives, and 1/2 cup of red onion to fill 6 pepper halves.
- Sauté your vegetables for around 3-5 minutes and then add 2 cups of cooked cauliflower rice.
- After the peppers are finished, take out of the oven and use a spoon to scoop the vegetable mix into each pepper.
- Add your favorite cheese on top and the peppers are ready to be served!
This is one of my favorite dinner go-to’s and will leave everyone feeling full, happy, and healthy. For more recipes, check out my Instagram page @ecline_eats, or don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions!